The year of the Snake is slipping and sliding away as we type and the Lunar New Year is almost upon us. A pretty wardrobe makes us feel like a million bucks but what makes us feel like trillionaires here at Lark and Peony is the classic red lip. We've invited Janice from Haute Makeup to put together a step-by-step instructional post on how to achieve the perfect pout. Enjoy!
- Prep your lips! Make sure you’ve scrubbed off any dead skin on the surface and moisturize it generously with lip balm.
- Using a red lip pencil, start marking out the outline of your lips. I find a cross in the middle helps define the cupids bow equally.
- Join up all the marker points. Note that the lip liner doesn’t have to be exactly the same colour as your lipstick, just something close will be fine.
- Smudge the liner inwards, softening the line. You can use a lip brush or just your fingers.
- Pick out your favourite red lipstick and fill in the lips with a lip brush. Cool skin girls can take blue under toned reds. Warm skin girls, try yellow based reds. Dark skin girls can go for deep dark reds.
- Using a flat definer or concealer brush, dip it in some concealer or foundation and clean up your lip line giving it a crisp clean finish.
- Top it off with some gloss for that 3D effect!
- And just for the holiday season, why not dab on some gold glitter?